Vigilant Herbicide Gel - 240gm Bottle
Vigilant II is a ready to use gel developed especially to control a wide range of woody weeds and trees, scrambling weeds and vines and general broadleaf weeds – includes built-in applicator.
- Minimal risk to non-target plants
- Use in sensitive areas – No spray drift
- Low toxicity & minimum risk to the environment
- Suits native vegetation regeneration & restoration work
- Formulated as a gel, Vigilant II is ready to use straight out of the pack. No messy chemicals and limited user exposure
- The 240 ml applicator brush bottle is re-usable and can be refilled from a bulk pack
- The brush bottle of Vigilant II can treat approximately 120 stems (Average stem of 25 mm diameter applied as a 5 mm dollop of gel)
- Vigilant II can be used year round, although effectiveness may decrease slightly in colder months and cooler climates
Vigilant II contains the powerful and proven active ingredient aminopyralid which offers;
- Faster brownout and knockdown
- Extended weed spectrum
- Improved robustness
Cut stump application - now it’s even easier to fight woody weeds:
- Step 1. Cut stems horizontally 20 mm and preferably no higher than 100 mm above ground level.
- Step 2. Squeeze Vigilant II brush bottle to apply a 3-5 mm thick layer of gel over the cut stem surface remaining on the plant.
- Step 3. Repeat on other weeds until gel in bottle is finished.
- Notes: On stems greater than 20 mm in diameter apply at least a 5 mm thick layer on the cut stem surface remaining on the plant. On multi-stemmed plants, treat the main stems as well as all the other minor stems for the same plant. Vigilant II should be applied immediately to the cut stem – certainly no longer than one minute after you’ve made the initial cut. If treating old stumps, re-cut and then apply.
Scrape & paint technique:
- Step 1. Cut a series of blazes 15-20 mm deep around the main trunks of the tree with an axe or pruning saw; make the blazes evenly spaced with no more than a 20-40 mm gap between each blaze.
- Step 2. Squeeze Vigilant II brush bottle to apply 5 mm thick layer over the lower cut surface of each blaze.
Drill & fill technique:
- Step 1. On rhizomatous plants prune the shoots horizontally and if more than four rhizomes per shoot drill a 10 mm hole in every fourth rhizome to a depth of 80% of the rhizome.
- Step 2. Squeeze Vigilant II brush bottle to apply 3-5 mm thick layer across the cut surface or fill the drill hole with Vigilant II.
Arborgreen has created a streamlined freight policy for customers Australia wide. Note: as of the 8th of September 2021 we have slightly increased our standard freight charge due to rising freight costs.
The policy is as follows:
- Your order is under $400.00 +GST a standard $20.00 freight charge will be added. (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
- All orders over $400.00 +GST it will be delivered free of charge (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
^Bulky items are classified but not limited to (long poles, or large heavy boxes/bales). In general bulky items are indicated as such on the product detail page.
Stock Control & Pricing Breaks
Our webstore now indicates an approximate level of items in stock. This is indicated as quantity breaks as follows: 1+, 6+, 12+, 36+, 100+, 250+, 500+, 1000+, 2000+ and 3000+. For example: if we have 5 ARS Florist Scissors in stock this would display as 1+ — if there are 47 in stock it will indicate 36+. As another example: if we have 14,960 Fluted Tree Guards in stock this would indicate as 3000+. The quantity also indicates the number of items as described by the product description; so Florist Scissors are sold individually whereas the 10L Carton Tree Guard is sold in boxes of 150 – in the later case 100+ items refers to 100+ boxes of 150 (or over 15,000 Carton Tree Guards in stock).
Please note: our webstore stock levels are accurate to within the last hour; if you order an item that has since sold out, we will promptly notify you as to when your order will be fulfilled. Some items may be indicated as Special Order items or display a custom message as to when stock is due.
Pricing breaks: many items in our store display pricing breaks. The number of items indicated in pricing breaks can vary a lot between different products. Often with horticulture tools such as secatuers and loppers, the pricing breaks may relate to the number of items in a box or total number of items in a carton; so if you need several secateurs, and order per box or carton, you save more as we save time packing your order. Items such as tree guards, bamboo canes and hardwood stakes often have price breaks set to fill a standard palette size; thus savings or efficiency gains are made in the storage and transport of these items.