EKO™ Coir Eko-Log Round 20cm diameter x 2.0m Long
Arborgreen's biodegradable EKO™ Coir Logs are being used in a wide range of applications. Originally used for the protection of stream banks, coir logs (coconut fibre logs) are a completely biodegradable product and are now being used to arrest scouring and soil loss on slopes and in gullies.
- used for river banks, steams and road-sides to slow water runoff and capture sediments
- used to protect steep gullies and embankments from scouring due to surface water runoff
- ideal for assisting in establishing revegetation projects and creating wetland ecosystems
- water permeable and water absorbent coir fibres are 100% natural and degrade completely over time
- traps soil and seeds providing an ideal micro-climate for new plants to grow and establish
- often used to help arrest runoff which may affect water quality in catchment zones, such as reducing ash from bushfires entering drinking water supplies
- EKO™ Logs are easy and quick to install with minimal tools required
- coir logs typically last 2 to 5 years during which soil builds up and new plants establish
Note: if Coir Logs are used on hillsides and sloping ground we recommend one Hardwood Stake per meter. Typically a 38x38x750mm (PL383875E) stake is used; in sand you may want a longer stake, or for hard ground, a shorter stake.
> View our range of Hardwood Stakes here
Arborgreen has created a streamlined freight policy for customers Australia wide. Note: as of the 8th of September 2021 we have slightly increased our standard freight charge due to rising freight costs.
The policy is as follows:
- Your order is under $400.00 +GST a standard $20.00 freight charge will be added. (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
- All orders over $400.00 +GST it will be delivered free of charge (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
^Bulky items are classified but not limited to (long poles, or large heavy boxes/bales). In general bulky items are indicated as such on the product detail page.
Stock Control & Pricing Breaks
Our webstore now indicates an approximate level of items in stock. This is indicated as quantity breaks as follows: 1+, 6+, 12+, 36+, 100+, 250+, 500+, 1000+, 2000+ and 3000+. For example: if we have 5 ARS Florist Scissors in stock this would display as 1+ — if there are 47 in stock it will indicate 36+. As another example: if we have 14,960 Fluted Tree Guards in stock this would indicate as 3000+. The quantity also indicates the number of items as described by the product description; so Florist Scissors are sold individually whereas the 10L Carton Tree Guard is sold in boxes of 150 – in the later case 100+ items refers to 100+ boxes of 150 (or over 15,000 Carton Tree Guards in stock).
Please note: our webstore stock levels are accurate to within the last hour; if you order an item that has since sold out, we will promptly notify you as to when your order will be fulfilled. Some items may be indicated as Special Order items or display a custom message as to when stock is due.
Pricing breaks: many items in our store display pricing breaks. The number of items indicated in pricing breaks can vary a lot between different products. Often with horticulture tools such as secatuers and loppers, the pricing breaks may relate to the number of items in a box or total number of items in a carton; so if you need several secateurs, and order per box or carton, you save more as we save time packing your order. Items such as tree guards, bamboo canes and hardwood stakes often have price breaks set to fill a standard palette size; thus savings or efficiency gains are made in the storage and transport of these items.