Foodcube Wicking Garden Bed, 1,150 x 1,150mm
An innovative self-watering wicking garden bed designed and manufactured in Melbourne, Australia. Grow your own food easily with less effort and less water.
Foodcubes are ideal for urban settings, council shared zones, schools and early learning centers, inner city gardens and commercial businesses looking to create a green zone in their courtyards.
- Oxygen keeps the root zones of your plants healthy
- Edge sockets allow easy attachment of netting, shading and trelising systems
- Easily adjust how much water is stored in your Foodcube; eg: to suit growing conditions or season or type of plants
- 110L reservoir keeps plants alive for weeks, cube can be easily connected in series
- Easily add cladding to suit your application. People have used hardwood and softwood timber, Cortan steel, aluminium sheeting, etc.
- Easy setup, UV stabilised recycled plastic with a huge soil capacity. Foodcubes can be moved by forklift when full (approx. 400kg when full of soil and water)
- Dimensions: 1,150mm square x 500mm high making them an ideal height for children and adults alike. Made in Australia from recycled UV stable plastic
- For delivery the units are the size of a pallet and can be stacked when empty - typically 6 units to a pallet. Empty, with all parts stored inside, a Foodcube weighs 27kg
- Modular system - connect as many as your project requires. Foodcube's are designed & made in Melbourne
Biofilta Foodcubes have a deep soil profile and large water reservoir; they are heavy when full. The total weight of the container, soil, water and plants of a single 1.32 square meter Foodcube is up to 400 kilograms, which is the equivalent to the weight of 5 adults.
Before you install Foodcubes on decks, rooftops, balconies or any other raised structure you must consult a qualified professional such as structural engineer to ensure the structure has the appropriate load bearing capacity and is structurally sound.
Please ensure they are installed away from fall zones where they could be used as climbing structures by children or pets. Check with local building regulations for safe distance.
Arborgreen has created a streamlined freight policy for customers Australia wide. Note: as of the 8th of September 2021 we have slightly increased our standard freight charge due to rising freight costs.
The policy is as follows:
- Your order is under $400.00 +GST a standard $20.00 freight charge will be added. (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
- All orders over $400.00 +GST it will be delivered free of charge (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
^Bulky items are classified but not limited to (long poles, or large heavy boxes/bales). In general bulky items are indicated as such on the product detail page.
Stock Control & Pricing Breaks
Our webstore now indicates an approximate level of items in stock. This is indicated as quantity breaks as follows: 1+, 6+, 12+, 36+, 100+, 250+, 500+, 1000+, 2000+ and 3000+. For example: if we have 5 ARS Florist Scissors in stock this would display as 1+ — if there are 47 in stock it will indicate 36+. As another example: if we have 14,960 Fluted Tree Guards in stock this would indicate as 3000+. The quantity also indicates the number of items as described by the product description; so Florist Scissors are sold individually whereas the 10L Carton Tree Guard is sold in boxes of 150 – in the later case 100+ items refers to 100+ boxes of 150 (or over 15,000 Carton Tree Guards in stock).
Please note: our webstore stock levels are accurate to within the last hour; if you order an item that has since sold out, we will promptly notify you as to when your order will be fulfilled. Some items may be indicated as Special Order items or display a custom message as to when stock is due.
Pricing breaks: many items in our store display pricing breaks. The number of items indicated in pricing breaks can vary a lot between different products. Often with horticulture tools such as secatuers and loppers, the pricing breaks may relate to the number of items in a box or total number of items in a carton; so if you need several secateurs, and order per box or carton, you save more as we save time packing your order. Items such as tree guards, bamboo canes and hardwood stakes often have price breaks set to fill a standard palette size; thus savings or efficiency gains are made in the storage and transport of these items.