Foodcube Wicking Garden Bed, 1,150 x 1,150mm
An innovative self watering wicking garden bed designed and manufactured in Melbourne, Australia. Grow your own food easily with less effort and less water.
Foodcubes are ideal for urban settings, council shared zones, schools and early learning centers, inner city gardens and commercial businesses looking to create a green zone in their courtyards.
- Oxygen keeps the root zones of your plants healthy
- Edge sockets allow easy attachment of netting, shading and trelising systems
- Easily adjust how much water is stored in your Foodcube; eg: to suit growing conditions or season or type of plants
- 110L reservoir keeps plants alive for weeks, cube can be easily connected in series
- Easily add cladding to suit your application. People have used hardwood and softwood timber, Cortan steel, aluminium sheeting, etc.
- Easy setup, UV stabilised recycled plastic with a huge soil capacity. Foodcubes can be moved by forklift when full (approx. 400kg when full of soil and water)
- Dimensions: 1,150mm square x 500mm high making them an ideal height for children and adults alike. Made in Australia from recycled UV stable plastic
- For delivery the units are the size of a pallet and can be stacked when empty - typically 6 units to a pallet
- Modular system - connect as many as your project requires. Foodcube's are designed & made in Melbourne
Biofilta Foodcubes have a deep soil profile and large water reservoir and are heavy when full. The total weight of the container, soil, water and plants of a single 1.32 square meter foodcube is up to 400 kilograms, which is the equivalent to the weight of 5 adults.
Before you install Foodcubes on decks, rooftops, balconies or any other raised structure you must consult a qualified professional such as structural engineer to ensure the structure has the appropriate load bearing capacity and is structurally sound.
Please ensure they are installed at away from fall zones where they could be used as climbing structures by children or pets. Check with local building regulations for safe distance.
Arborgreen has created a Free Freight policy for customers Australia wide.
Your goods will be delivered FREE of charge if your order:
- No bulky items are in your order (ie: long poles or large heavy boxes/bales), and
- Total order value is over $330.00 incl. GST
If your goods value is under $330 incl. GST, a default freight cost of $16.50 incl. GST applies.
If your order is over $330 incl. GST, but includes bulky goods and/or is going to a non-metro delivery address, your freight and handling cost will be calculated personally and someone from customer support will be in touch with you shortly.
After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (to the email address you provided at checkout stage).
We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. Goods are typically sent via contract courier service (TNT, Fastway, Toll Ipec or StarTrack) within 1-3 working days; however if goods are unavailable delivery will take a little longer.
Overseas enquiries - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to query a delivery please contact us at email@example.com.