Phytoclean - 5L
PHYTOCLEAN® is a highly effective general purpose micro-biocide and algaecide. Extensively used in Forestry & Agricultural Industries.
Phytophthora Cinnamomi is a destructive soil borne plant pathogen which attacks a wide range of plant species. It's known to cause die-back of susceptible plants in native forests, plantations, farms, nurseries and gardens. It can be a severe threat to plant producers to both the survival of seedlings and contamination of plant stock for gardens, farms and forests.
- Phytoclean is a hard surface application treatment which is Non-Hazardous, Non-Acidic, Non-Caustic, Biodegradable and Non-Bleaching,
- Phytoclean is the only hard surface disinfectant that is registered for the control of Phytophthora cinnamomi. APVMA approval No. 64562/48624,
- Classified as a non-hazardous product which is safe for users with health concerns in the work place. It is non corrosive on the majority of surfaces, and it is not necessary to wash off residue which assists in maintaining a pathogen free environment,
- Highly concentrated making the product very cost effective and thus more effective and economical to use than sodium hypochlorite or phenolic based products,
- High in detergency and wash-ability ensuring there is no residue when used in wash-down situations,
- Unique in its rapid performance and kill time as compared to other products, and is effective in as little as 30 seconds,
- Phytoclean is also an effective antimicrobial for general use as a fungicide and anti bacterial agent. It has also been tested for effectiveness against Didymo – ( Didymosphenia geminate ), chytrid fungus and Mucor,
- It is also effective in controlling algae and moss,
- Phytoclean is available in 5, 20 and 200 litre containers.
A major source of the spread of the disease is via soil adhering to vehicles, machinery, tools and footwear. It's important to follow correct hygiene and wash-down procedures.
Application - Horticulture, Forestry and Agriculture:
- Footbaths, 1 litre / 10L of water
- Washdown for machinery, 2 Litres / 100L Water
- Hard surface and tools, 200ml / 10L of water.
Previously, bleaches, sodium hypochlorite and phenolic based products were recommended. These chemicals have been found to be less effective and more hazardous than quat based products*. In independent testing of four quat based products, Phytoclean was found to be the most effective in inhibiting growth of and killing the fungus. Phytoclean has been used extensively in the Forestry and Agricultural industries in Australia.
Quat is the common name for quaternary ammonium chloride compounds that are anti-microbial cleaning agents that are low in toxicity and corrosivity. They compare very favorable against bleach, the cheaper alternative. Quat has an excellent wide spectrum germ kill ability, film forming residual, low toxicity and corrosivity, simple to use, good shelf life, works in a variety of pH ranges, highly concentrated, no odor, and safe on mostly all surfaces. Phyto means plant.
Arborgreen has created a streamlined freight policy for customers Australia wide. Note: as of the 8th of September 2021 we have slightly increased our standard freight charge due to rising freight costs.
The policy is as follows:
- Your order is under $400.00 +GST a standard $20.00 freight charge will be added. (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
- All orders over $400.00 +GST it will be delivered free of charge (ensuring that the goods you have purchased are not bulky^)
^Bulky items are classified but not limited to (long poles, or large heavy boxes/bales). In general bulky items are indicated as such on the product detail page.
Stock Control & Pricing Breaks
Our webstore now indicates an approximate level of items in stock. This is indicated as quantity breaks as follows: 1+, 6+, 12+, 36+, 100+, 250+, 500+, 1000+, 2000+ and 3000+. For example: if we have 5 ARS Florist Scissors in stock this would display as 1+ — if there are 47 in stock it will indicate 36+. As another example: if we have 14,960 Fluted Tree Guards in stock this would indicate as 3000+. The quantity also indicates the number of items as described by the product description; so Florist Scissors are sold individually whereas the 10L Carton Tree Guard is sold in boxes of 150 – in the later case 100+ items refers to 100+ boxes of 150 (or over 15,000 Carton Tree Guards in stock).
Please note: our webstore stock levels are accurate to within the last hour; if you order an item that has since sold out, we will promptly notify you as to when your order will be fulfilled. Some items may be indicated as Special Order items or display a custom message as to when stock is due.
Pricing breaks: many items in our store display pricing breaks. The number of items indicated in pricing breaks can vary a lot between different products. Often with horticulture tools such as secatuers and loppers, the pricing breaks may relate to the number of items in a box or total number of items in a carton; so if you need several secateurs, and order per box or carton, you save more as we save time packing your order. Items such as tree guards, bamboo canes and hardwood stakes often have price breaks set to fill a standard palette size; thus savings or efficiency gains are made in the storage and transport of these items.